PCR Self-Testing (Postal Testing)
· Processed by UKAS accredited laboratory.
· Throat and nasal self swab - Clear instructions will be provided to help you do this.
· Lab results in 48 hours from receipt of test by the laboratory. Royal Mail next day tracked delivery included.
· Any positive results are shared with Public Health England to contribute to national testing statistics.
· Test is for five years and older.
How accurate is the test?
· At least 98% sensitivity (true positives) and 100% specificity (true negatives)
Who should get the test done?
· If you think you have the virus
· If you think you may have been exposed to the virus even if you have no symptoms
· If you are traveling abroad
· If you are returning back to work
· Group testing for events and gatherings. We can arrange for testing throughout the UK. Please contact us below for more information and a personalised quote.
When to get the test done?
· The test is most accurate if done in the earlier stages of being exposed to the virus, ideally between days 1-11
· If the test is being done to travel abroad, it is best to check with your airline for any specific time frames. Usually, we would advise the test is done a minimum of 3 days prior to your travel. See below for more information
· If the test is being done as part of a return to work protocol, we would advise the test is done 3 days prior to your first day back.
Increasingly more countries and travel operators request proof that you are safe to travel and do not have COVID 19. Often this is essential so that your destination country will allow you to enter or allow you to be exempt from quarantine rules. Our tests can be used to help you with this by providing the lab report of the test. We can also provide you a signed doctor’s medical certificate if required for an additional fee of £20.
Key points for travel test:
· Please make sure you check with your flight carrier about any time frames they would like for you to have your test within. The test needs to be received in the lab at the earliest date that can be stated on the results. Please state the specific dates you wish to have your test done when requesting your test
· If you are unsure when you are going to travel, we can give you the test for you to self-swab and provide you with further information on returning the test. There is no expiry date on the test.
· Results will be sent to you via email within 48 hours of receipt at the lab.
· We will send you the results via email which will state your name, date of birth, date of the test and date of result